Nintendo has been on the rise since launching its hybrid console, Switch, in March 2017. Not only has the console been hugely popular with the public, but even its games have proven to be a real hit. Let it say Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
The popular fighting game is now the game of this best selling genre of all time. Through official information from Nintendo, it was revealed that Smash Bros. Ultimate sold 13.81 million units, placing it in third place in the top-selling games for the console.
So, this is the biggest-selling fighting game ever, getting ahead of Super Smash Brawl and Super Smash for 3DS and Wii U. The only fighting game that can stay ahead of the game’s latest game Smash Bros Saga is Street Fighter II but only if we count the different versions that have been made of it over the years.
Given that Ultimate was released a short time ago, this is a brave done for Nintendo. Following is the top 10 best selling games for Switch, along with their sales numbers:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 16.69 million units sold.
- Super Mario Odyssey – 14.44 million units sold.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 13.81 million units sold.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 12.77 million units sold.
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 10.63 million units sold.
- Splatoon 2 – 8.70 million units sold.
- Super Mario Party – 6.40 million units sold.
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 3.31 million units sold.
- 1-2-Switch – 2.97 million units sold.
- Mario Tennis Aces – 2.64 million units sold.